Toscana

Toscana
Bagni De Lucca

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Family Tree (updated 3/24/10)

I took a picture of my Online family tree (below) where you can see the information relevant to those interested in the Puccini link.

The oldest of all the relatives I have found so far is Pietro Nannetti´s father. His name was Paolino Nannetti and I believe this is why the Pietro Nannetti you see on my tree was called Pietro di Paolino Nannetti. This past week I received a letter, dated 5 Mar. 2010, from the Archivio di Stato di Lucca confirming the fact that Pietro and Elisabetta lived in Granaiola. A census from the Comunita di Granaiola from 1823 has the following information:

Nannetti Pietro 48 anni, mezzaiuolo, (tenant farmer, small tenant cropper)
Elisabetta, moglie, 58 anni, tessandora (weaver)
Maria Angela, figlia 24, sartora (dress maker / tailor)
Costantino, figlio 17 anni, agricoltore (farmer, who later married Cleonice Puccini)
Costanza, fliglia, 15 anni, filandaia. (textile fibers worker, in particular silk)

I was instructed to keep searching for more information at the Parrocchia di Granaiola or at the Archivio di Stato di Firenze. That´s where they keep the records I need. Now I have to figure out if I can do that from here or if I have to make a trip to Lucca.


No comments:

Post a Comment